Near miss

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Near miss
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 09:48:52 -0800
I have an ebay search on "midgets" that snares everything -- the
pornographic "I love midgets" t-shirts, midget racers, the works. I go
through it dutifully every day. Last night, an auction for a '79 popped
up. I wouldn't have given it a second thought except that it's in my
town. Body looked great, the bumpers notwithstanding, but the engine is
torn down -- bottom in car, head in trunk. Still, it would just be a
local tow.

I bid on it and went to bed a while later. I tossed and turned for
hours. Where would I put it? Why would I buy a '79, which would have to
be smogged every year, and couldn't be changed to a Series A?

Fortunately, I woke up to find that I had been outbid.

Back to sanity. Whew.

Mark