Sports cars and SUVs

To: "'Spridgets' List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sports cars and SUVs
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 15:33:52 -0800
One of the reasons that I've been such a pest about the SUV thing is
that I get so sick of the stereotype that sports cars are for
middle-aged men with midlife crises. In fact, sports cars are about the
only appropriately-sized vehicles for individual commuters. (Minis,
GTIs, and a few others, too.)

The notion of an "estate wagon" was to have another vehicle, more
attached to home, for grocery shopping and Saturday errands. The Volvo
245 was perfect for that, and the jokes about it still come, more than
a decade after it ceased production (and stopped being a Swedish
company).

Pick-up trucks were for people who did real work, and needed them.

4WD vehicles were for geologists.

I wax nostalgic.

Mark