On its own feet now

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: On its own feet now
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 21:46:36 -0600
Here is the car setting on its own feet due to new tires.

I was going to pull the wheels and get on with it, but my dad's shop wasn't
busy so they pulled the wheels, dismounted the old tires, and sandblasted
the wheels before I got there.  Then they primed them.  We called a painter
and he came over to spray them silver and clearcoat them in my dad's paint
booth.

I picked up new tires at my local tire shop.  They said they could get
155R-13's but when I got there the had a different brand of 155/80R-13's.
They called the warehouse who said they assumed the other size would be OK.
I called around and finally found a store that would mount the new tires,
then I put them on the car.

In a week or so I hope to get it transported the 140 miles to my house, and
then I can get on with the work.

And yes the "hood" IS in the trunk of my Taurus.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/bjd70/Dsc_0016b.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/bjd70/Dsc_0014b.jpg