Re: SUVs--freedom?

To: charlie shelden <shelden3@pldi.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SUVs--freedom?
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:25:20 -0800
charlie shelden wrote:

>...it is called choice with choice comes responsibility with that comes
>action.  You choose to do what you will and suffer or reap the result...ohh
>yeah called FREEDOM

Folks better get used to the Nanny State.  It has been with us for 74
years now, and shows no signs of going away.  "Responsibility"?  Get
serious, that is a thing of the past, for the only thing most people in
this country (and the trial lawyers) care about are "rights".  Would you
care to see how things will be here soon?  Take a look in the Telegraph
of London last week:

                 SCHOOLS ALARMED OVER ORANGE PIPS
Orange pips and plum stones have become the latest concern for health
and safety enthusiasts, a report reveals. Some schools, which are giving
out free fruit to their pupils under a health initiative funded by the
Scottish Executive, believe that fruits with pips are dangerous and so
are avoiding them. "We tend not to use stone fruits because of the
safety issues. Orange pips fall into that category," a respondent to the
study said.  Some schools, which are giving out free fruit to their