Re: oil pres

To: BCAH@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: oil pres
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:27:32 GMT
No sense even trying to trouble shoot this,
most especially from a distance.

We "know" it started, ran initially normally
to the extent the engine reached normal operating temp. (albeit with lower than
expected oil pressure for a newly rebuilt
street motor), "hiccuped"(?), and began
emitting "squealing" (bearings??) noises as the "rockers" got concurrently
"noisy".

This points toward sudden, complete oil starvation.

Methinks a malfunctioning oil pump but this is pure guesswork and in any case,
if so, what caused such a failure. Something
try "go through" that shouldn't be there???

In any case, we'll know more when the engine is pulled and gone through. I feel
so
sorry for our fellow lister....what a giant, depressing PITA. :(

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)