Re: tach help needed...

To: Charlie Shelden <shelden3@pldi.net>
Subject: Re: tach help needed...
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:28:05 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Charlie Shelden wrote:

> I'm working on my father inlaws 73 Midget.  The tach is dead

White wire FROM ignition switch THROUGH tach (male/female bullets)
And onto the POSITIVE side of the coil.
If the car runs, that circuit should be OK or mixed at the key switch.
Look for a miss placed white wire in a bullet connector or loose wire at
the ign switch/column plug.

Green wire to spade terminal on tach, it should be hot when the key is
on. Do the signals and fuel gauge work? Same circuit.

A GOOD ground, that stupid wire grounded to the thumb screw post is NOT
a good ground. Run a real ground to the extra spade terminal on the
housing or under one of the housing screws.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ