RE: Lucas Battery Switch Removal Q.

To: "Norm" <twobees@sprynet.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Lucas Battery Switch Removal Q.
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 15:04:53 -0500
norm ,
not having the moss catalog mentioned in front of me i can say this:
the shaft of the lucas battery cut off switches i am familiar with have a
doubble "D" shaped shaft .  looks like a round piece of bar stock with two
paralell flat spots on it .  lucas knobs i'm aware of are reatained by a
center screw and the most common vintage knob was black bakelite followed
by the later diecast type knob.  if you have a bakelite knob it might break
upon using force to get it off!  but a literal straight up direction is the
only way to extract the knob of either design!
be aware of the fact that if you break the knob no one but an individual
with a defective switch has a replacement knob!  umm if you break the knob,
i am in need of a switch!    mine on my sports racer is ocasionally
malfunctioning!

chuck.