Re: Postmortem on a 1275

To: pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Postmortem on a 1275
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 22:18:26 -0600
Cc: thcollin@mtu.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
I'd like to know what is going on, as well.  I just had exactly this
happen on a 1275 using Mega pistons from Mini Mania and APT prepped rods.
 The wrist pins walked and badly scored the cylinder walls in much less
than 1500 miles (try 4 or 5).  So far we can't figure out why.  Why would
the wrist pins be undersized or the rod ends oversized?  The machinist is
going to measure them and see what they are.

Anyone have any first-hand experience with this?

--David Littlefield