Re: Dual Gauge illumination

To: Chris King <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: Dual Gauge illumination
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 18:17:45 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Chris King wrote:

> Listers,
>
> I just bought a dual gauge for my 1500. It's an early gauge with the
> temp marks numbered. There's no provision for a bulb on the back, but
> there's an opening in the housing at about the 10 o'clock position right
> behind the bezel. Is this where the light would go? Where would I find
> the right housing?

Chris

I just went thru this.
The face plate and needles come off, the guys come out of the housing
but the bulb at the other end does NOT fit thru the housing.
So you can not change the guts to the later housing with internal lighting.
The early gauges were side lit as they went on the thin metal dash.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ