Re: Way, way, way off topic

To: bmwwxman@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Way, way, way off topic
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:28:28 GMT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
"Get over it people"

Oh, yeah....absolutely. The elite/mainstream
media is "driving" this. And most especially
the White House Press Corps who feel "left
out in the cold". And they were....Cheney has as much respect for the foregoing
as they have for he and the current administration. It's a "kharma" thing.

You see....no matter how he handled the
situation after the accident, "they" would have found fault with something.
Count
on it.

But Jim, to be fair, the (obviously un-
intended) victim in this accident was hit
in a different place then you were and
peppered with more pellets as well....as I
currently understand it assuming any
media reporting on this is trustworthy???

However, the foregoing having been said,
we certainly don't have a Ted Kennedy
Chappaquidick-type event on our hands
for sure.

The "over-reacting/over-reaching" behaviour of the mainstream press is
completely understandable, given all
circumstances however, their problem
is usually they sacrifice accuracy for speed
and ultimately cause confusion. Guys like
Dick Cheney don't think that way. They
go for accuracy first to avoid confusion
and/or unintended errors....we do the same
in the cockpit....part of the training. Get
it right the first time.

There is also the definite possibility the mainstream media might over-inflate
this story to "transfer the fire" away from Gore's words originated the other
day in the Middle East. Seems he finally went off the "deep end", an apparent
case of "sour grapes" in having been pretty wel been politically marginalized
since his last time around (or whatever accounts for words
that would incite riot against US interests
abroad).

I know one thing....I'll not be listening to the
likes of Dick Gregory and his colleagues much any more (and I liked Dick
Gregory....
a frequent guest on Imus, most of which
I catch to one extent or another mostly
every morning).

Saw the tapes of the WH Press Corp's
meeting with Allen subsequent to this
event. What a sorry lot...what a bunch of
self-important, self-centered, egotistical
numbnuts....like a bunch of petulant,
spoiled children. Most likely PO'd 'cause
they didn't get the initial "scoop". BFD.

The only thing important about the Cheney
story is the health/hopeful recovery of the
guy he accidentally shot. He seems to be
doing well....but he's 78 year old. Fingers
crossed for the old codger, lawyer or not! :)

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)