Update on the Disemboweled Midget k1GAhqek027461

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Update on the Disemboweled Midget k1GAhqek027461
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 04:42:40 -0600
Going has been slow on the Midget the past two weeks. The new
back plate is still only in the drawing stage but should be finally
finished by the weekend so I can have the milling done on it. I also
discovered that the radiator was shot - totally unrepairable so will
have to be replaced. WIll do the hoses as well even though the
ones on it look pretty good. They will be saved as spares.

The old back plate is now off. If anyone wants a 948cc back plate
with the oil pump cover brazed onto the *outside* of the oil pump
hole, let me know. You can have it for shipping. It doesn't appear
to be cracked.

I took some cell phone pictures today and posted them up to my
patchwork web page for anyone that's interested:

http://www.starrtech.net/~jimj/mg/Engine_Bay.html

Now....    How the heck do you get the old pilot bushing out??
Is there a special kinda puller for this?

Cheers!!
Jim - disemboweled Midget in Dodge City
--
1964 R60/2 BMW