Flying Chuck becomes projectile

To: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Flying Chuck becomes projectile
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 07:36:56 -0800 (PST)
Thanks to all for your help in solving my Flying Drill Press Chuck problem.
After a bit of cleaning with acetone, emery paper on the spindle, cleanup of
the indside of the chuck with emery paper, and the judicious use of the
BFRubberH on the chuck, I can report that things managed to stay in place and
my front bonnet hinge set is now complete. I was able to use the drill press to
drill multiple holes, even overlapping holes cleaning out excess material and
everything stayed together. I'm going to pronounce things a success.

  Once again thanks to the great members of this list in providing timely
advice and help. Next step, refinishing the Bugeye Bonnet. Time for metal
mending and bondo 101 practice.

Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Cincinnati, OH