RE: [FOT] Kumho Tire

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] Kumho Tire
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:57:06 -0600
Sender: owner-fot@autox.team.net
I haven't tried the Ecsta ASXs on track, but I did run my old Golf GTI
16v at Gingerman Raceway once on the Ecsta Supra 712s, which are also
described by Kumho as "ultra high performance".

They were just awful, not compared to race rubber, but compared to the
Yokohama AVS Intermediates I had been using.

The Tire Rack site, does rate the ASX slightly higher in dry traction
(8.4 vs. 8.2), but if it were me, I'd keep looking.

Scott

===  Help keep Team.Net on the air
===     http://www.team.net/donate.html