Re: Machine shop chatter (no lbc)

To: dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com, kgb@frontiernet.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Machine shop chatter (no lbc)
From: RBHouston@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 15:51:01 EST
In a message dated 3/1/2006 12:46:26 PM Mountain Standard Time,
dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com writes:

>  Personally, I would rather be right where I am, living in my  un-mortgaged
4
> bedroom shack, driving my elderly Cherokee that I  hold the title to.  Let
> the Joneses drop down to my level.   I have no need to keep up with them.

Amen to that,  Kate!

Here here!  5 more payments and the house is paid off.  The  guest house next
door only costs us $450 a month, and when we add our current  payment to that
payment, it should be paid off in less than 10 years.

All the cars are paid for, but the daily drivers are getting a little long
in the tooth, but I plan to retire in about 6 years, and my wife can retire any
 time she wants to, so maybe we don't need a new car ever again.

Our house is less than 2000 square feet, about 2/3rd as big as most of the
new houses being built around here, but over twice as big as the one I grew up
in.  Yes, it's easy to be jealous of the size and style of some of our
friends houses, but I will just tough it out and cry all the way to the  bank.

Robert  Houston
Texan in NM

73 MG Midget
74.5 MGBGT
63  TR4

Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first  woman she
meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill  again...
(http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/23877.html#email)
(http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Unknown/) Marin  County newspaper's TV
listing for "The Wizard of
Oz"