Re: Front suspension - uh oh!

To: Chris King <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: Front suspension - uh oh!
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 19:53:42 -0500
Chris King wrote:

> So I'm potting the rebuilt and repaired fron suspension back together
> today. As I raise up the a-arm, compressing the spring, I fint that
> there's about a 1/2 inch gap between the trunnion bushing and the shock
> arm. So something's still twisted.

You are hitting the ridge on the kingpin.
Loosen everything up as much as possible, shock arm bolt, trunion, and
even the shock bolts. Don't remove them just loosen em all up as much as
possible then try it again.
Sometimes it's easier to wiggle the shock on for that last bit.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ