Re: What grit stone to deglaze with?

To: Lester Ewing <lewing@sport.rr.com>
Subject: Re: What grit stone to deglaze with?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 11:32:58 -0500
Lester Ewing wrote:

> .. now that we're on the subject, how does one get that perfect
> crosshatch?  It looks like the speed up and down has to be exactly  the
> same to get that pattern.. machine shop only??

Cordless drill with a ball hone seems to work fine.
Although I never counted the hatch marks up and down, a few seconds on
forward and about the same in reverse as you move the hone up and down
at *about* the same speed should give you *about* the same marks.
It's not rocket science, just don't hone it too long, you are honing not
boring.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ