Painting?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Painting?
From: SDOliner@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 16:26:22 EST
I need to paint a fiberglass hardtop. I see this as an opportunity to  build
up to painting cars.
I have a HPLV gun and adequate air supply.

I have an extra single car garage outbuilding, which I will line with
plastic (floor ceiling and walls, and rig up some ventilation. How big an
exhaust
fan should I use? What kind of filters should I use at the intake  vent?

Now the hardtop.
Textured on the inside, so I will just clean and spray.
The outside has paint, with some scratches on the paint surface. I am
painting it white and applying a Union Jack vinyl decal. So there will be
enough
going on not to notice my paint job.
Do I need to sand off all of the paint or just break the surface?
What grit should I use?

Do I need to prime fiberglass? If so is there a special primer?

Now paint. What type is the easiest to apply, and how much do I need?

David Oliner