Morgan Trike Looking for Spridget Gears

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Morgan Trike Looking for Spridget Gears
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 12:01:23 -0600
I got this email today in my role as Classified Ads Geek for the MG club.
Figured someone out there might have some parts for him...
David Lieb
1972 Blue
Good morning..
       My name is Fred Sisson- live south of Indianapolis, IN in Brown
County. I am looking for a Spriget transmission. Any help or direction you
might give me would be greatly appreciated.
       I am a genuine car nut- have had a supercharged MGTC, supercharged
MGTD & B roadster in the distant past- and more than a gaggle of other
weird. wonderful cars in my fifty years of driving sports cars.  Morgan's
are my present vice- the three wheel type. I race a 1938 F-type and I find
that the competition is heating up lately. The three speed (worm drive)
Morgan transmission has very poorly spaced gears for racing and most of the
Brits have converted to four-speed boxes using late Spriget gears sets and a
lot of machining. I wish to do the same, but need the gears. I lived in
Atlanta for 20 years and therefor I am not too well connected with the car
community here in the Midwest... yet.
       Can you give me any guidance in my quest?

Thank you in advance,

Fred Sisson
fps3@aol.com
1938 Morgan F-type threewheeler (yellow and silver) club racer