Re: heater fan direction

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: heater fan direction
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:03:49 -0600
Obviously, someone is totally clueless about how squirrel-cage blowers work.
If you reverse the rotation of the motor, it accomplishes absolutely nothing
in either direction.
I know, because I went to all the work of fixing the fan switch on my old
1974 Midget for the sake of a late-March endurance rally. I didn't bother
checking rotation, after all, I had the like-colored wires connected at the
motor. I was underwhelmed by the performance, and when I checked the
rotation, I found that it was going the wrong way. Reversed the wires and
your mother's brother's name was Robert. I later found a manual that pointed
out that you should never go by the wire colors on the fan motor. If you are
reversing the polarity of the car, you probably should check the rotation,
but it isn't as if it is hard to fix.

As far as fuel pumps, I believe that there is a diode involved.
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget