Front Suspension on Mickey

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front Suspension on Mickey
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:48:57 -0600
Last time Willy and I worked on Mickey the Babe Rally Midget, we decided
that we were going to have to dissect the front suspension. We wanted to
just pump some grease into there and let it go at that, but nothing would go
in at all. Besides, filling the fluid on the shock had no effect on its lack
of efficacity, so we had to tear things up anyway.

When we took the upper trunion off of the kingpin, there was no lovely
bronze bushing sitting there. OK, I figured I would have to bring up a spare
the next time I came to work on Mickey. Then we got to the fulcrum pin. What
do you suppose was used as a spacer on the fulcrum pin? You got it. No wimpy
cork for that guy!

Sunday we will be dissecting the front suspension on the other side. Wonder
what we will find there...
David Lieb
Team SU