Re: Update on my 1275 oil burning issue...

To: Kurtis <tr4driver@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Update on my 1275 oil burning issue...
From: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 23:39:10 GMT
Nah, Kurtis...

you're not paranoid....you're properly concerned for reasonable cause, IMHO.

The amount of oil you get "up there" is
determined mainly by rocker bush clearances....'cause that's where this oil
comes from.

BTW...what sort of oil pressure does the
engine run at idle and at 3,000rpm, both
hot and cold.

As long as it's not overflowing the top of
head and draining properly away via the
pushrod holes, you're not getting "too much".

I think you have to take into account the engine sat for a long period of time
after the rebuild, prior to getting any real use.

As Ron says....drive it. Put some miles on it.
Don't baby it...but don't thrash it. Use it.

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)