Axtual LBC content

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Axtual LBC content
From: RBHouston@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 22:42:11 EDT
I installed the new SU's from Jeff at Micropolishing today.  The car  started
with them right out of the box.

I was replacing the Weber DCOE I had installed, and it led to  bit of
shipwrights disease.  I couldn't bolt those pretty new carbs up a dingy
manifold
and an ugly heat shield, so a days polishing and painting and such to  get them
installed.

It's been nearly a year since I took the old ones off so I had a few senior
moments and ended up having to call Fisher Jones for help.  Liz and Fisher
were in Hallet, racing the MGB, but he took time to set me on the right  road.
The blocks go over the heat shield, not below.  Duh....

I went to the Manual first....almost a waste of time.  Is the Bently  any
better than the Haynes?

Anyway, I balance the carbs and was about to take a spin to see how it ran
win I noticed the gasoline running down the driveway. Massive leak at the fuel
pump.   I tightened a few connections, but no joy.  The garage is  such a
mess I couldn't find the frickin' floor jack,....so maybe I'll visit  Harbor
Freight tomorrow.  I was looking for an excuse to buy the aluminum  jack anyway.

Warm day today, must have been in  the 80s...so I'm motivated.

Robert B.  Houston
Texan in NM
73 Midget and others

John Bernard Books (The Shootist):
"I won't be wronged, I  won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I
don't do these things to  other people and I expect the same from them."