RE: speed chip for toyotas

To: "'David Lieb'" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>,
Subject: RE: speed chip for toyotas
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 07:30:21 -0500
I bought 2 Saturns for my daughter, before I became aware of the "dirty
little secret" about them. Kate's first car got the dreaded death rattle of
engine parts bashing together, with no oil showing on the dipstick, despite
the fact that oil had been checked and added the day before. The car had
been purchased used from a Saturn dealer. It took several hours of wrestling
with the dealer to get them to credit us for much of the purchase price
against purchase of a second one. Turns out, despite only 30,000 miles, it
tooshowed the propensity to devouring oil at an alarming rate.

A Google search showed thousands of people experiencing the same issues.
Saturn has managed to avoid owning up to the problem. A Class Action lawsuit
should be in order.

<
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=HPIB,HPIB:2005-15,HPIB:en&q=Saturn+oi
l+consumption&spell=1>