Re: Master Cyl sides

To: Joe Lansing <kidjoevid@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Master Cyl sides
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 12:14:47 -0500
At 07:45 PM 4/5/2006, Frank Clarici wrote:

>Joe Lansing wrote:
>
>>On the old twin bore master cylinders, which side is
>>brake, and which is clutch? Which side takes the check
>>valve thingy,
======
Just in case y'all think I was being an Ed (translation, smart a$$)
in my prior response saying that the bores point away from you,
here's the reason I said it that way.  MGAs, Spridgets and Magnettes
can share the same master cylinder. When folks use the A cylinder on
a Magnette, they will have problems as the master cylinder is
installed backwards. The pedal on an A and Spridget has the pivot
below the clevis for the pushrod. The Magnette is above.
         Fun facts.
         Peter C.