Re: The Midget Chronicle (may be long and boring)

To: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: The Midget Chronicle (may be long and boring)
From: "Larry B. Macy, Ph.D." <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 10:24:40 -0400
Ummm, Excuse me.

Schizophrenia and multiple personality disorder are NOT the same
disease. Schizophrenics do not exhibit symptoms of multiple
personalities. Schizophrenia is symptomatic of visual hallucinations
and hearing voices (audible hallucinations).

You use of the term is a common, albeit incorrect, use of the word.
Please try to refrain from that use.

See "A Beautiful Mind" with Russell Crowe for an accurate portrayal
of schizophrenia. Nowhere in that movie does John Nash exhibit
multiple personality disorder.

Why do I care?? Because our research and treatment is all related to
schizophrenia.

Larry

--

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu

"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've
never actually known what the question is." - Douglas Adams

believed to be clean.