Re: Kumho EcstaR700 165/80QR13

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Kumho EcstaR700 165/80QR13
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 11:01:28 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: Jay Fishbein
To: Larry Daniels
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 9:43 AM

Larry,
Happy to see that you snapped-up that beautiful pickup. Care to share the
shipping details?

=====================================

Hi Jay,

The seller is in Christchurch, NZ.  It cost $300 to get it to Auckland, NZ and
another $1400 to get it to Baltimore.  I'm working the final leg out yet.

I had a choice of ports of entry including Long Beach, CA on the left coast
and Savannah, Norfolk and Baltimore on the other side.  Baltimore is about 900
miles from me while Longbeach is about 2100.  The overseas shipper is
Wallenius Wilhelmsen, www.2wglobal.com .   The Auckland to Baltimore portion
of the trip is supposed to take 9 weeks -- a little longer than I had hoped
for, but I thought it to be reasonable at $1400.

Now I am looking into trucking it from Baltimore to Wisconsin.  Any and all
suggestions of carriers (and who to avoid) would be appreciated.  I know the
topic has come up several times, but you never pay much attention until you
need one ;-))  If it's too much, I may just fly out there and take a leisurely
get-acquainted drive home.

This is gonna be a long 9 weeks;-))

Larry Daniels
79 MGB LE
72 Midget
60 Bugeye
67 Austin A60 Pickup -- about to make the big swim from New Zealand to the
U.S.

"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."