My New Bugeye

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: My New Bugeye
From: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 20:42:50 -0500
The big truck pulled up yesterday morning with my new Bugeye.  It was in
good company with a couple of 1930's Rolls Royce's underneath it.  Sure hope
it didn't drop any oil on them.  It backed out just fine and was put on the
"elevator" and gently lowered to the ground.  I got in and took it around
the block then into the garage so I could get to work.  I finally was able
to spend some time bonding this evening and found a couple of issues; it
doesn't go and it doesn't stop!  I have a new master cylinder on the way
from Pierce that will be here tomorrow so I think the brakes will be sorted
out soon.

The engine is a 1275 from a 70's Midget.  It is a "L" version with a Weber
DGV.  The engine was rebuilt a few years ago and we think it has less than
5K on it.  Now this is my 4th Spridget and my last 1275 with SU's ran great,
is the DGV that much of a dog?  The engine starts and runs nice and smooth,
it just feels like there is no low end torque and it is slow to rev.

I have a pair of HS2's and a manifold that needs rebuilt.  I pulled the
throttle shafts out and they are badly worn but if I put the unworn inside
of the shaft in the holes they seem fine.  Maybe the shafts wear faster than
the carb bodies.

Enough for now, back to the garage!

Mark
BUGEYE  (43 years after the first!)