Ingnition timing confusion - *UPDATE*

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ingnition timing confusion - *UPDATE*
From: "Kurtis" <tr4driver@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 11:34:23 -0500
Okay guys, I admit it - I'm stubborn!

First of all I'd like to thank everyone who kept telling me that my
"situation" was most likely caused by the distributor drive being off a
tooth - Frank, Robert, Bob, Ed, Paul... did I miss anyone?

I took it apart this morning, an that was indeed the situation.  I corrected
the orientation, and everything seems to be right after timing statically
and dynamically.  I wish I could say that it all makes sense to me, but it
doesn't.  I sat and played with a spare distributor for a while yesterday
before taking mine out, and I still can't figure out how the drive being off
a tooth would anything but the position of the distributor body when timed
correctly (which it did by the way).

Anyway... all is right with the world today, and I just wanted let everyone
know how much I appreciate their tolerance of my stubbornness.

Thanks!

Kurtis Jones
Russellville, Arkansas
1963 TR4 - CT19389L