Re: Bugeye Group..... BusterCluster

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye Group..... BusterCluster
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 20:39:01 -0500
> I have two ribcase trannies -- one that came with my Bugeye which I plan
> on
> replacing with one of Paul A's 5 speeds and another in my 72 Midget that
> David
> and Willie are using for the BABE rally.
>
> I have no idea of the condition of the one that came in my Bugeye as it
> never
> went on the road before the restoration started.  David tells me the one
> from
> the Midget needs work -- on the 2nd gear synchro, if I remember right.  I
> never drove that one either before giving it to them for the rally.
>
> Anyhow, I will gladly donate one to the project if somebody can rebuild it
> before the cluster starts.  Anybody with the necessary skills want to
> tackle
> that for the cause?  (That is way over my head.)

I can vouch for the almost total lack of synchros on the 2nd gear of Mickey
the BabeRally Midget! Other than that it seems to be ok. I also have a
ribcase that I took out of a 1970 Midget. I never heard it run, it looks ok,
I have no way of telling its condition. This one is also available for the
cause if Larry's are found wanting.
David Lieb