Drive (Propeller) Shaft

To: Midgetsprite <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Drive (Propeller) Shaft
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:58:35 -0500
Gang,

I've tracked my rear end "clunk" down to U joints as originally
suspected. I just read through my Haynes for the procedure to replace
them. Disassembly looks easy and straight forward but when it comes to
re-assembly the ubiquitous and terrifying "reverse of disassembly"
phrase appears.

Now, dammit!, It can't be that easy!  How the heck do you get the
front end of the drive shaft back into the rear of the ribcase??!!  I
had a hell of a time doing this when I reinstalled the engine and
tranny last week. I ended up reaching down through the gear shift hole
and nursing the damned thing into place while carving slices out of my
wrist on the edges of the transmission tunnel.

Please tell me that there is a really easy way to reinstall the front
end of the drive shaft.

Please, please, PLEASE!!!

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City