Re: cool Bugeye cutout site

To: Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: cool Bugeye cutout site
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 21:50:40 -0700
Linda Grunthaner wrote:

>          Very funny Buster what do you teach?

Before I became retarded...err, retired...I taught history at Cal State
University Long Beach, later attaining my greatest incompetence as an
administrator.

Funny that you should teach 3D modeling.  Back in the 1980's, the
ultimate faculty status symbol was to be seen carrying an Osborne
computer (even by those faculty members who could only use them as a
paperweight).  At that time, I gave a faculty grant to a young
engineering assistant professor who proposed to buy a PDP-11 and develop
a 3D modeling course.  Remember, this was at a time when "3D" meant
using clay!   The grant was not popular with all the engineering
faculty, and one was always proclaiming, "This is all I need," as he
slapped the slide rule on his belt!!!!  It is nothing short of amazing
what has happened with computers in the last 20+ years.

Buster Evans