Re: Finally lucky on Ebay

To: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Finally lucky on Ebay
From: "Peter Shull" <pdx.pete@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 19:11:17 -0700
I just picked up on this thread ... otherwise I would have mentioned this
earlier. Once in a while (often a long while) it pays to look "outside the
box". I usually limit my browsing to eBay Motors and look for distinct
items, such as a "Bugeye tachometer". On the other hand, I've run across a
couple of good to decent values by being less specific.

One item was uncovered by searching for a "Smiths tachometer",  with no
mention of a specific car. The tach I found was listed as such, but with no
mention of the car for which it was intended.. The seller didn't know what
the heck it was for but did list the model number on the tach. As luck would
have it, it turned out to be the one I wanted. I was the only bidder and got
the tach for $5.

I also ran across an imperfect, but functional horn slip ring and plinth for
a BE that was listed on eBay, but not specifically on eBay Motors. Again, I
was the only bidder and the item was acquired for a very reasonable sum.