1275 head

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1275 head
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:40:31 -0700
Sure as can be, the 12G940 head on my junkyard 1275 has a biga$$ crack.
Anybody want to sell me a 12G940 or any other 1275 head?

After I proudly told the machine shop guy how I got all the rust off with the
electrolytic method over three days, it was inevitable that the little PIA was
cracked. He found evidence that it had been welded, and then cracked around
the weld between two valves.  Now I know why it ended up in the junkyard.

If he calls back to tell me the crank is cracked, I'll really have the budget
buy of the year won't I ?  "Sure its a nice hatchet, all I had to do was
change the head and the handle."

Glen