Re: My "annus horribilis"

To: <b-evans@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: My "annus horribilis"
From: "Guy R Day" <grday@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:51:04 +0100
Buster Evans wrote:

<snip>  Come now, Guy, surely you jest  <snip>
Humour?  Defined as - 'the ability to see that something is funny, or the
enjoyment of things that are funny'.   In America???????

<snip>   Even in his "official" or authorized biographies, it can be found
that Winnie" had been a nickname since childhood. <snip>
When it was 'Winston' his surname was sure to follow.  You may have wanted
leaders of his stature but you didn't get, you haven't got and it is doubtful
you ever will have one of his stature.  He was British and a damned good
xenophobe.  Please adopt Tony Blair, he far more appealing to you ...

Sir Winston Churchill or 'Winnie' was a great leader of his time but he was
born 131 years ago.  He died 48 years ago.  I appreciate this is only a couple
of days after your country's history began, but it is time to move on.

The first and second world wars are over.  Stop trying to change history and
revive them.  Do it to your great victories in Korea, Vietnam and in Operation
Eagle Claw.

I believe that Bugs Bunny is the most revered American in England.

A reply is not needed.

Guy R Day
A-H Sprite Mk IV