Dieseling

To: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dieseling
From: James Gruber <thistle_3619@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:40:16 -0700 (PDT)
Bugsy diesels like crazy if I don't run Sunoco 94 Octane all the time. Using BP
Premium or Shell 93 yields prolonged run on. When I first got Bugsy running I
didn't realize this little engine needed premium fuel. A full tank on  87 or 89
and I thought I'd need to put in gear and let out the clutch to get the engine
to stop. Playing with timing on this engine doesn't really seem to help the run
on. Now as temps have gotten warmer, if choke is not fully off when I shut off
Bugsy will diesel for a few seconds. Doesn't happen as much when ambient temps
are colder.

Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Cincinnati, OH