Re: Tag der Arbeit

To: Brad Fornal <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Tag der Arbeit
From: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 14:02:08 GMT
"Working on Sunday sucks!!!!"

Yes, in a way it does. And while the job goes real easy on the weekends and
"I'm paying my dues", I would rather be spending my Sundays with my buddy Tony
who is refurbishing his Austin Healey 3000 Mk2.

And....now I'm gonna get to do just that on or about May 19th. I just got the
word yesterday on my new position with the firm.
No more Sundays and normal working hrs.
from 0800 to 1600. And a raise and "mini"
promotion of sorts as well.

I'll have to "supervise" to some extent the
"skeleton" crew at the soon to be vacated corporate "down town" site as it
closes down and GE Consumer Financial moves from same onto my present site, but
I'll be back "home" back Sept 1 and possibly sooner.

Gonna miss all the wildlife and feeding the ducks this summer but what hell!
It'll
be a pleasure having a garage and place to work on my machine while sharing a
few beers and grilled steaks with a fellow LBC'er
on the weekends. Long overdue considering
I loved flying over the weekends on a 4 on,
3 off schedule for almost 20 years.

Gonna be nice having Sat. afternoons/eve. and Sundays free. Big change for the
old
Capitano.

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)