Re: old tires

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: old tires
From: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 11:19:07 -0400
Well, the discussion has made me nervous.  My Midget was brought over from
England in 1980 and the Goodyear tires on the car read "Made in England".  They
have decent tread left and they 'look' good.  I did have one tube lose its
valve though.

There is a site here that you should find interesting.  I sent an email
yesterday, but it hasn't come through yet.
"www.grmotorsports.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=13795"  I haven't actually read
this yet, but I plan to . . .

> From: "Fisher, Ed" <edwd@ti.com>
>
> While I know that tire folks are hesitant, or even decline to work on
> older tires for the "safety" factor I can attest to the fact that I just
> drove 3,000 miles this March on 13 year old tires.
. . .