Rear Brakes

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Brakes
From: Rick & Carolyn <wrongwayricky@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 21:24:13 -0700
Hi guys,

Found a new thing out when installing the rear brake shoes.    For years I have
fought the retaining springs that hold the drum in place.  Pushing them in and
twisting them with needle nose pliers.  The pliers slip and then you have to
start all over again.  I tried a new pair of duck bill pliers to hold the
springs and twist.  They are small enough to fit inside the coil and grab the
inner part of the spring, but too large to fall down inside the spring very
far.  A quick grab and twist and the retainer falls in place.  Wow that was
easy.  Guess having the right tools always helps.

Cheers

Wrongway Ricky
60 Frog eye "Puddles"
52 MGTD "Sparky"