Boosted master cylinder?

To: bugeye@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Boosted master cylinder?
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 11:46:53 -0500
Listers,
        Whilst perusing a very old Lockheed hydraulics catalog, I happened
on a listing for a booster kit suitable for 1958 Sprites. It is NOT a
vacuum booster. The picture is vague. (The book was published in
1960.) It looks to be an additional cylinder mounting remotely. "It
reduces the pedal effort required to operate the brakes, speeds up
the braking effect and reduces fatigue." "Installed in a very few
hours by a competent garage." It fits a whole pile of cars. "...MUST
NOT be fitted to any vehicle... with a Vacuum Servo."

        Intriguing, no? I could see it working, though.

        Anyone ever see one on a Sprite, or??

Peter C.