Re: No oil pressure, running hot

To: spritenut@comcast.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No oil pressure, running hot
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 17:11:54 EDT
Hard to say without seeing it and since you've obviously done all the right
things.  I''d be surprised if the big ends weren't knocking with only 10psi.
Have you tried a known 'good gauge' on it?  As a desperate last ditch measure
on a bad engine I've run a lot of STP in the oil.

You can try soap as a DIY water wetter in the radiator to help drop the temp
a bit but short of big water pump pulley if it doesn't already have one and
blocking off the bypass and fitting a blanking sleeve I can't think of any
other
quick fixes.

Regards

Daniel