Re: Dixon all Brit show

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dixon all Brit show
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 10:14:41 -0500
> This Sunday was the annual UBSCC all British car show in Dixon, CA.  There
> were only three bugeyes and one squarebody this year.  One bugeye was in
> the
> Winner's circle from its win last year.  There were about 6 Morris Minors,
> including one that had last been owned and restored by Harry Whittington.
> The
> same guy recently shot by Dick Cheney.  The new owner had a posted news
> article on his car's story board asking the headline question "Does Dick
> Cheney Target Morris Minor Owners?" A dummy in the back seat was masked to
> look like the VP in hunting clothes.

> It was Gary Anderson, ex of British Car mag and late of Classic
> Motorsports.  He
> didn't have much nice to say about the current Classic Motorsports crew
> and
> direction.

I think CM has done just fine with the mag. Unfortunately, I think they will
be in trouble since Hemmings Classic & Exotic offers more copies of a better
mag for less money. I am really enjoying the Hemmings rag and I just hope
they don't burn out soon. CM does mean well, but they are having trouble
trying to figure out their target audience (Morris Minor owners?) and they
are having trouble keeping their focus. They are too ready to start a new
project car and reluctant to finish previous projects. Shallow, too.
Just my 2p...
David Lieb
10-year subscription to CM