Re: AAARRGGHHHHH!!!

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AAARRGGHHHHH!!!
From: Lester Ewing <lewing@sport.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 12:42:11 -0500
The report:

        Good news is I've got it running more or less ok..

        Bad news is I can't see why it stopped.  Diagnosis was points
closed, HOWEVER, I blocked the points open and still had a circuit to
ground.  I removed the points and condenser, could find no worn spots
or any other problems, I verified that there was no internal short in
the points, reinstalled and all is fine..  which really bugs me..  I
fixed it but I don't know what was broken.  Oh yeah,when were you
guys gonna tell me that changing points on this thing requires a knee
pad and 40 minutes..  ;-)

Lester

..oh yeah, Cap'n Bob, you were right, when the coil is wored backward
it does suck air in through the exhaust and shoot flames out the
carbs..  ;-)