Re: Gas Line Again

To: millerls@ado13.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas Line Again
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 15:05:22 EDT
Remember that how much fuel the carbs consume is relative to how much power
the engine can make.  So, a modified engine with twin HS4s will pretty much
consume the same amount of fuel at WOT as a modified engine with twin 40DCOEs
assuming both modified engines make say 100bhp.  The only exception being when
you floor the throttle at which point momentarily the DCOEs will use a bit more
fuel.

The other issue will be what mixture strength the engine is set to run at - a
full race mixture - say 11:1 even on a road car will always ensure the engine
consumes more fuel than say a more highly modified engine with mixture at say
13:1.

I'd guess that if you have a  fuel regulator it provides an extra measure of
fuel reserve compared to not having one.

How long will the engine run at WOT - 5 minutes or half an hour?

Probably twin 40DCOEs are too much for a modified 1500 Spridget but try and
find a pair of 38 DCOEs and you might be looking for a long time.

I'd expect quarter inch line would be OK, without checking I think I run all
5/16 on my car and use a non standard fitting at the tank end.

Daniel1312