Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Some Questions for the list gurus...

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Some Questions for the list gurus...
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 18:30:04 -0500
On 5/29/06, Robert E. Shlafer <PilotRob@msn.com> wrote:
> Oh, well....
> Not that 190 is "bad", but
> If you've got the latest multi-bladed plastic fan and that's not keeping it
>at or below 180 (ass-u-me the heater tap is open) while using plain distilled
>water with water-wetter, then I would suspect the radiator
> is in need of a thorough cleaning or maybe a (new?) "deep impeller" water
>pump unless the motor is heavily tuned.

Brand new radiator. Box stock 1275.  Free air temperatures 95F to
100F.  In town & over black asphalt sitting in traffic free air to the
engine is probably 120F - 130F.

> Otherwise, perhaps time for a supplementary electric "pusher"?

Yeah, I've thought about that.

> The header wraps will keep engine compartment temps down, but at the
> expense of header life (also invalidates the warranty due to "over-cooking"
>of same).

Damn!!  The PO never gave me the warrantee papers!!  And the header is
probably 38 years old too!!    ;-)

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City