Mickey Returns

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mickey Returns
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 22:10:34 -0500
Just wanted to let you folks know that Mickey is safely back in my driveway
3744 miles after leaving it. I have now been out of it for more than 10
minutes at a time for the first time in 35 hours. There is such a thing as
too much togetherness ;-)
The only thing that actually died during the trip was the alternator, but
Chris King had brought me a spare, so it was all good. I do have a feeling
that the front u-joint is starting to go, but nothing definite yet.
Monday morning at 10am we were in New Orleans.
Tuesday morning I dropped Biff off in PA after we drove straight through
(not mentioning the 2.5 hour layover in Birmingham due to a "fatality
accident" that closed the interstate. One good thing about a 7-gallon gas
tank is that it makes for a good time to swap drivers.
Tuesday night at 9:15pm I parked her back in the driveway at home. 1583.5
miles in 35 hours... not a record, but not bad for a "parts car".
David Lieb
Team SU