RE: RE: body refinisher from the 70's

To: "'Robert Duquette'" <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>,
Subject: RE: RE: body refinisher from the 70's
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 08:54:55 -0500
Well, first thing... RTFM... (read the f'ing manual). Follow directions on
the buffing compound. What you're doing is mildly abrasing the surface of
the paint with the compound and creating heat. Be especially careful on
corners, or areas like fender beading, as you can burn the paint right off,
and you will not be happy. Also, be careful around any trim or emblems...
better yet, take them off first.

The buffing will create shine, but with swirls. The swirl remover, (like
Liquid Ebony, or similar) will remove swirls. Then polish (wax).