Re: Like the Tail of the Dragon, maybe better!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Like the Tail of the Dragon, maybe better!
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 11:09:04 -0700 (PDT)
When I worked at Los Alamos lab for a year, we used to go down to Albuquerque
from Los Alamos in the Miata via Rt. 4 through the Jemez mountains.  Natural
mineral springs, clay cliffs, soda falls, volcano caldera, Bandelier cave
dwellings, and other neat stuff, all along the way.  We had a furniture
delivery, and the truck missed the turn to our street off the main road in
town, and ended up on Rt 4.  On the first switchback it was so tight he
couldn't maneuver the truck, got stuck, it took a crane to turn him around.
Stunning drive, man do I miss living there...

Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com> wrote:  RB, my man... Are you thinking of 152
over Emory pass??? Lovely
drive!! Also the drive over the Black Mts via 61 from Mimbres all the
way to Mogollon is a day very well spent!