generator to alternator swap wiring problems

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: generator to alternator swap wiring problems
From: <bccgc@cinci.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 16:57:45 -0400
I am trying to put an alternator on my 1970 Midget.
I got a Lucas  one for a '72 at the parts store and got it mounted no
problem.
My problem is that it will not turn out the idiot light no matter what the RPM
- so I don't know if is really feeding back out of it. I had 2 wires to the
generator - one for the light & one to the regulator for power.I have bypassed
the old regulator and joined all brown wires together & then the 2 for the
light.
I also added a third wire from the alternator to the battery connection on the
starter relay. I did find the idiot light small terminal to be joined to the
first large output terminal electricaly.The other terminal is not jumpered to
either one.
Any help will be appreciated - must be overlooking something.

Thanks,
George