Re: Electronic ign miss solved

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electronic ign miss solved
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 19:48:04 -0700 (PDT)
--- Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net> wrote:
> I didn't get around to replacing the elctronic unit
> just yet but that
> sure explains a no spark situation.

Here's one I haven't seen mentioned.  When I was at
lunch today, a lady grabs me in the parking lot ecuase
I "look like I could help" (nothing like Deikis'
situation; I was clothed in business attire, she was
wearing a very ill-advised tight jogging suit). Her
car, a mid 90s Chevy, is "dead", "just a clicking
noise when I try to start it".  Try jumping it,
nothing.  Look at connections, grounds (where
visible), trace wires, everything.  Totally dead.  No
tools or multimeter on me.  She says the car was fine
before, now totally dead. It's about 90 degrees out, I
have to go back to an afternoon with Bell Helicopter
coming in at 1 PM.  I'm starting to get a bit grimy.
I try jumping it again, still nothing, no "clicking",
nothing.  I am puzzled, as all the idiot lights come
on in the "run" position.  I try the headlights, they
are fine.  About to give up, she says "Oh! look at
this!  I think I found the problem!".  In her hand is
this under-dash anti theft device, a little chip
module you plug in.  She accidentally knocked it out.
She says "sorry to trouble you.  I should have checked
that.  I did the same thing last week." Grimy, sweaty,
I sort of smiled and wished her a nice day....

Hopefully storing up some Kharma,
Soave