Re: Speedometer Dissasembly

To: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>, Bud Pazur <bpazur@excel.net>
Subject: Re: Speedometer Dissasembly
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 08:40:32 -0700 (PDT)
Sorry, didn't see this earlier.  Remove the two tiny
screws.  Very, very gently wiggle the faceplate upward
and the needle will (should!) pop off.  If you bend
the needle or the spindle it rides on, you're hosed,
so do not force it, and DO NOT use pliers.  The
fineness of the needle should give you an idea of how
carefully you need to wiggle the face plate.  Others
may use air wrenches, I recommend against.

Ron